May 15, 2005

HMS Father's Folly Voyage Log : Day Three morning

If you've not read the prologue, read it here.
If you've not read Day One, read it here.
If you've not read Day Two early, read it here.
If you've not read Day Two afternoon, read it here.
If you've not read Day Two early evening, read it here.
If you've not read Day Two late evening, read it here.

Rising
I was awoken by an overwhelming sense that I was being watched. It was still dark outside. I looked around and saw nothing out of the ordinary. As I closed my eyes, the wall moved. I sat up with a start (and, I admit, a bit of a fright) to find the wee one standing silently by my bunk side. She was just watching me, saying nothing, silent as the ghosts that some say haunt these waters.

I swung my feet over my bunk, and made to lead her back to her bunk but decided, rather to rise and get a jump on the day.

Going topside I saw, much to my dismay, that the clear skies of last night did not last. Rain laden clouds are scudding across the sky mocking my desire for one day just one day when I can turn the crew loose above decks. I am being punished. I am sure of it. I'm not sure of my sin but it must be great. I will plead my case before the Secret God today. I will abase myself. I will take my crew with me.

We make ready now for the ceremonies but not before allowing the crew a sugar bomb. They'll need the energy to make their entreaties for fairer weather strong enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment