February 20, 2007

What I read during the day

I have been using Google's Reader RSS service for awhile and on my right sidebar is a list of recent articles I have read and shared here on my blog. When I glance down the list I notice that I spend a lot of time reading tech related articles - who knew? I generally dislike whatever is in the general news media. I scan headlines but rarely read full articles anymore. I read more from the tech, science, political, and homeschool blogs.

I find I need to take time to keep up with news through the day it is my sort of connection with the adult world during the day. I also like keeping my mind thinking about things and it is easier to find the time to read an article or two, skim headlines and check email then to sit down and read a book. Once I start a book I do not generally want to put it down where the news is easy for me to walk away from.

Anyone have any great blogs or news sources they enjoy reading with regularity? Leave it in the comments and I will check it out and maybe subscribe to it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:56 PM

    I really like Google's RSS reader. I use it for all my blogs. The "next" button you can install on your toolbar is really nice, since you don't even have to visit your reader to go through your blogs. Plus, you get to see the actual blogs that way instead of the RSS version.

    ReplyDelete