January 18, 2011

Mommy Break

This year in order to keep my spirits up this winter and to see my friends I have begun opening my home up on Tuesday nights for friends to come visit and just be with other women.  I provide drinks, couches and a table and the occasional food and they just come as they are.  Many are home school moms and I am enjoying providing an easy space for people to get away and connect with one another.

As homeschool parents I think we often let ourselves fall to the end of the list and forget to take care of ourselves and meet our personal needs.  This year I am trying harder to meet those needs and remember to take time for me.  I hope by offering my home I encourage other friends to do the same for themselves.

Be gentle on yourself today - you deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could find something like that around here! Surprisingly, I've been having such a hard time finding social activities around here for homeschoolers.

    ReplyDelete