April 30, 2007

The Crazy Camping Adventure


Yesterday our family went on an 8 mile hike in 3 hours and our feet got really tired! So today we are going to take it easy on our feet! I had a good time camping.

We roasted marshmallows and turned them in to s'mors we had a great time! We climbed a gigantic tree and it was really freaky. I never knew how much fun it could be to climb a big tree. It was amazing because it was cracked and bent down but still alive.


We had a lot of fun. I heard an owl during the night and when the fire was out I put more pinecones on it and started another big fire. We told campfire tales and one of them was about a little mouse who my daddy made up named Benkin. And that little mouse named Benkin had many adventures and always got caught up with our family.

I never knew how much fun camping and taking an 8 mile walk for 3 hours can be. When I came home I asked my dad a really silly question and it was "Can I go camping every weekend and take an 8 mile walk?"And he said "What a silly question, you know the answer…one never knows what this crazy clan will do…" and that’s the truth.

Signed,
Rhiannon

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:11 PM

    Sounds like you had a great time. I hope Grandpa gets to go on a few walks with you this summer. I do not think I can make it 8 Miles like you did. You are so grown up and one amazing young women. Truly Grandpa's little Angel

    Family Forever

    ReplyDelete