October 4, 2007

Prayer and Encouragement Group

For the past nearly three years I have been part of a wonderful prayer and book group that has recently come to an end. I have missed the support and fellowship of those wonderful ladies even though we still talk frequently - it is not quite the same as meeting each week before the sun is up.

Another prayer and encouragement group is starting at a perfect time for me. A wonderful mix of ladies and we will be working through the book The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie O'Martian. I am looking forward to our time together, to the support, encouragement and developing friendships.

If you have never had an opportunity to be a part of a group like this I encourage you to consider joining or starting one on your own. The rewards are so plentiful. It is so easy to organize. Pick a book you want to study. Along with the one we are doing a few other past favorites for me have been: The Power of a Praying Parent, A Woman After God's Own Heart, and Blue Like Jazz. But pick something you like and want to read together. Then pick a date and time (ours is very early in the am before dads head out to work) and then open it up to others, from your neighborhood, your homeschool support group, your church, whoever you want to spend more time with.

Then start meeting and talk about the book you read and open up a part of the time to share prayer requests and pray together as a group. Be available to each other in between meeting to talk, share and pray. This knits your hearts and friendships together and offers you a special place of prayer coverage and the opportunity to support and pray for others.

I have been blessed to be part of a wonderful support group and also our homeschool cooperative. We have many opportunities to build relationships and receive encouragement and we do in each of those places. However I get that much more support by seeing the same group of women each week in a very intentional way and praying for them and knowing they are praying for me and my family. There is something very special about that time and the relationships built there. The amount of answered prayers and support that I have seen over the past few years is amazing! I encourage you to try something like that (maybe at a more sane hour) and enjoy.
---------------
Now playing: Relient K - High Of 75
via FoxyTunes
----------------
Now playing: Watermark - More Than You'll Ever Know
via FoxyTunes
----------------
Now playing: Relient K - Must Have Done Something Right
via FoxyTunes
----------------
Now playing: Sara Groves - Know My Heart
via FoxyTunes
----------------
Now playing: Relient K - Sadie Hawkins Dance
via FoxyTunes
----------------
Now playing: Sara Groves - This Journey Is My Own
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

  1. I'll share a hearty amen! I've been a small group Bible study with women for 2.5 years. It's a HUGE blessing to share life with one another. I was really hesitant to join a women's group because I've seen so many gossipy back-biting groups. But walking in fellowship with godly women with a goal of knowing God and living godly lives is an amazing experience.

    I'm listening to Watermark from your link - how fun to eavesdrop on another blogger's music!

    ann

    ReplyDelete