February 14, 2008

Spolied Rotten

This year Serona and the kids decided to spoil me. Today I received a beautiful raw emerald necklace. Emeralds are my favorite stone, my birthstone, my favorite color, in my wedding band and remind me of being Irish. I love emeralds but never before have I seen or received raw emeralds - I think they are lovely.






Getting into the car to drive Serona to work and I had another surprise waiting for me! We are music lovers, we listen to music nearly all the time. When we spend a lot of time in the car we will also listen to audio books. A few months ago Serona and I purchased Zunes and love them. I listen to my zune in the car all the time. I sat down to plug in my zune and found this:






That was another nice surprise. It is a much nicer and safer way to store my zune in the car and navigate to different songs. Plus it charges while it plays another nice feature. What wonderful and thoughtful gifts my family gave me this year. Some years we don't buy anything at all but this year we decided to exchange gifts and what fun and special gifts they are. Thank you Serona and kids!

As an added bonus we had someone come to help clean my house today as well! I feel so blessed and loved. Of course truthfully I feel that all the time with my kids hugs, the special pictures they draw for me and their many ways of expressing their love. Serona too - he is very loving and caring for me all the time. In many ways today is just another day for us with an excuse to be extra kind or special to one another. Truly though it is the every day things that make me know I am loved and blessed by my wonderful family.

Tenniel

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you had such a great day. I am not surprised however knowing your hubby and my grandkids. Hope everyone has a great valentines day. My love to all

    Family Forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:00 AM

    Sounds like you had a great day and some great gifts. I am a big fan of your blog and was hoping if you could give my new blog a little review. Just tell me if you think i'm totally down the track.

    Would be greatly appreciated from an esteemed bloggers such as yourself.

    ReplyDelete