February 2, 2012

I recently realized we were needing more field trips in our school days.  With a 7th, 5th and 3rd grader it is easy to slip into the routine of workbooks and typical school studies.  Still when I look back to when I had an 8, 6, and 4 year old we were on field trips at least once a week.  My current 8 year old needs this as well so I need to do more of it for her,  2012 plans to be the year of field trips for our family.

We renewed family memberships and have been trying to take advantage of all opportunities we can.  We have discovered sometimes just an hour or two at the zoo or museum really is enough and worth the time invested.  The zoo is our destination today.  The third time in January.  The kids are now old enough to carry their own backpacks and bring their cameras and sketch books.  We find ourselves spending longer in fewer locations.  One day we simply spent three hours in the dolphin, shark and fish area.   I love that the kids can spend that much time and attention in one place digging a little deeper and simply just being. 

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.3

No comments:

Post a Comment