August 25, 2005

New Coop

This year we will be joining a new coop. It is quite different in size and style. This one will have over 100 kids involved and is also parent taught. The kids are divided up more by age and this year our kids will all be in different classes. We will meet every other week rather than every week and for the age groups my kids are in they will follow a Five in a Row style book curriculum.

Ciaran's class, which I will be helping to teach is going to do the following books:

Noah's Arc
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
How to Bake an Apple Pie and See the World
Stone Soup
Polar Express
The Snowy Day
Cowboy Small
Is your Mama a Llama
I'd be Your Hero
I'd be Your Princess
Mama Do You Love Me
The Little Engine that Could


Rhiannon's class will be studying the following books:

The Story About Ping
Madeline
Ferdinand
Mirette on the High Wire
Cranberry Thanksgiving
Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening
Katy and the Big Snow
Clown of God
Lentil
Make Way for Ducklings
The Glorious Flight
How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World

They will also have seperate craft, music, and PE time. Sirah will be in a nursery setting. I volunteer and get some time off as well. This semester I will be teaching in Ciaran's classes. I love working with preschoolers so I am very excited. They are just so much fun to learn with.

I am starting to get excited for the upcoming year. Now if we could just get in the habit of getting our chores done cheerfully first thing in the mornings!

Peace,
Tenn

No comments:

Post a Comment