August 19, 2009

Sirah turns 6 - her whole life blogged

Our youngest is turning 6 which is in some ways amazing to me. I don't feel the time has gone too fast but I am feeling the transition of not having real little ones in the house anymore.

Sirah is a sweet spirit and a tender young one so full of that youth that I think she will always keep a bit of that wonder and young spirit around our home. Yet we are done with slings, diapers, nursing, toddler things and have moved on to dolls, arts and crafts, reading and first grade. Yet she is still very snuggly and wanting thousands of kisses and hugs and snuggles. She would sit and just be with me all day if she could and her desires are simple and few.

Hard to believe on this night 6 years ago I had a 4 and 2 year old and was exhausted from several weeks of intense prodromal labor. Now as I type everyone is fast asleep in their own beds at the ages of 10, 8 and 6. I loved the early days and was a good mom to really young children but as they grow older I find I enjoy these ages even more and for that I am thankful. I was worried I was going to really miss those early days and think it all went by too fast yet I don't. I enjoy where we are at now as a family.

Yesterday I spent 2 hours playing Risk with Ciaran, today I had a bunch of Maria's friends over for movies, junk food and night games outsides, tomorrow we will spend the day doing whatever Sirah chooses all day long. I don't miss diapers, backpacks, and chasing after toddlers. I will always cherish the many years I spent breastfeeding and carrying the babies in a sling and the smell of newborn heads.

Along with celebrating 6 years of Sirah I realize I have been blogging for a little over 6 years having started this blog 2 months before she was born. Sometimes I look back at those early posts and years and think "What was I thinking?" othertimes I get great ideas to remember to take the time to do now again.

Recently I tried to use one of those self publish your blog websites and they told me my website was too big for their server to handle or the book to print. Amazing I have written that many words here over the years.

Anyway happy birthday Sirah and thanks for reading me all these years to my readers.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:16 AM

    Happy birthday to your youngest! My youngest turned 10 last year and it is a bittersweet time to leave each stage of your life and know that time is marching on.

    As far as your blog book, as you may have seen on FB, I recently have been working on that. My suggestion would be for you to break your blog down into each year to make it manageable. And omit the comments and links. Then you may be able to fit a year at a time (which increases the costs, I know). I think it is so worth it...your family will love having a journal of their lives to look back on in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran across your blog today and thought you might be interested in my most recent post, Homeschooling Defense, at www.bedlamorparnassus.blogspot.com.

    I shared it with a friend of mine whose wife homeschools, and he appreciated it very much.

    Enjoy!

    Steve a.k.a. Magister Christianus

    ReplyDelete