October 12, 2006

I should be here

You know when you have those days that are just too much. When you did not think through what you really took on yourself. That was my day today. I was really unwise. I started the morning with my prayer group at 6am.

During the day I squeezed in a full day of schoolwork, lots of reading time with the younger two, a field trip to the art museum, two play dates (including one who stayed for dinner) and parents night at our kids church group. Combine that with carpooling everyone where they needed to be and I realized I just took too much on myself.

At the end of the day I had one of those "What was I thinking?" moments when I realized I had just done too much. Of course it was all "good” things to do, it was just too much all at once. Just like when you eat too many sweets all at once

Reminder to self. Enjoy good things - but not all at once. A little at a time makes it sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment