October 16, 2008

My Day at the Capitol By Maria Age 9

When I first went to the capitol I was amazed. Our tour guide was great. I had a lot of fun being with my friends and learning some new things. On our way to the capitol I could not wait to get up those great marble stairs. Once I was there I could not wait to get inside. I ran in and waited for the rest of the group to come and meet the tour guide. When we first went inside I got really excited I just couldn't wait for the tour to be over because a)I had already been on the tour multiple times b) we were meeting our local representative, this was going to be an interesting day.

Inside the capitol my two favorite things were: the governor's room, it was cool and the golden horses one of my favorites symbolizing nature. There were four horses they symbolized fire, ice, water and earth. When we were done with the tour we got to meet our representative, he was very nice. I sat in a democrats chair on the Minnesota House floor. We asked all kinds of interesting questions about the room, about his job, lots of things. It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to do it again.

On the drive home I thought really hard about the things I learned. I learned who founded the capitol, his name was Cass Gilbert. I thought about some reasons why no woman had ever been a governor which stinks. Personally I am on the womans side. I want to become a page when I grow up because they get some real experience on how to govern things and they get to live in a luxurious hotel with a pool. The bad thing is you can only be a page for two weeks. Maybe someday I'll get to be the first woman governor of Minnesota. If I decide to be a page I'd get some first hand experience.

On the way come we had Cosettas for lunch, they were giant pizzas but it was a great ending to a great day. The End.

*Rhiannon has changed her name to Maria...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:39 AM

    When I started reading this, I wondered who Maria was! Cute!

    ReplyDelete