January 3, 2007

Blessing our Friends

I have been blessed these past few years with some truly wonderful women that I get to call friends. Over the years I have had many friends and some have come and gone and a few have stayed around through the passing of years but it is only recently that I have been blessed with some friends who are also prayer partners and fellow ministry workers and we have made bonds of friendship that are truly unique. I am thankful for them. For Christmas this year I put together a special CD for them, coming out of my mixed tape background. Okay so they are getting the gift post-Christmas as I just finalized it tonight.

I also wrote extensive liner notes (because as you know it is near impossible for me to be brief)that I have decided to post here. The notes list the titles and artists of each song and the reason I choose the song for the CD. There were others I thought I might put on that did not make the final cut. Putting together this CD made me realize how truly blessed and thankful I am to have friends that pray for me with regularity. For I have seen the results and know the importance and the difference it makes and that above all else has drawn me to these special women.

I wanted to post it here because I want to remember this and share it with all of you as a tribute to these women. Thank your friends and count your blessings of them in your life.

Tenniel

1. This One's For All the Girls - Martina McBride
This first song makes me think of all the stages of being a woman and the struggles and beautiful moments we go through as women.
2. Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
This second song reminds me of my past and the broken road that it was. I went through many trials and bad friendships but I thank God for those individuals that prepared the way for each of you and led me to appreciate you all the more.
3. Painting Pictures of Egypt - Sara Groves
This song is a transitional song for me. Having traveled and moved so much and having lived what feels like two completely different lives this song holds a lot of meaning for me. It helps me remember not to compare my past life with my present with rose colored glasses and to really enjoy the place that I am right now because I can never go back because I have outgrown it.
4. Jesus Take the Wheel - Carrie Underwood
This song is about letting go of the false sense of control I have over my life. Reminding me to truly turn control over to God and to trust him completely.
5. That's Why We Praise Him - Maranatha Singers
There are so many awesome songs about God how do I choose? This one is uplifting to me and reminds me of so many of the amazing things he has done for us and reminds me of why we want to praise him - he gave his everything.
6. Song to John - June Carter Cash
This song few people will understand or appreciate the way you all will. Women who view their husbands and their marriages this way are rare - I am thankful for each of you and the way you help me walk the walk and be honoring to my husband.
7. Teach Your Children - Crosby, Stills and Nash
I grew up on music like this, my dad's passion and what better song for a bunch of homeschooling moms? I am inspired by the way you teach and love your children, not only the basic school subjects but about faith and life and all that is truly important. Thanks for being an inspiration to me.
8. Fireflies - Faith Hill
This song may seem not to fit but it is currently our favorite family sing along song. We blast it in the van and all sing different parts. It is about dreaming, imagination and all the good parts of being a child and remembering how to be a child even as we grow up, holding onto our dreams and sense of imagination. Also Sirah sings the Tinker Bell line, you can imagine how cute that is!
9. Rainbow Connection - Kenny Loggins
Another song from childhood that is great to listen to as adults. Makes me think of Winnie the Pooh and the muppets, rainbows, joy and friendship.
10. No One Like You - David Crowder
David Crowder is a favorite singer of mine and this is another inspiring worship song. Full of energy and passion but deep and beautiful - the way I want to be before God for there truly is No One Like him. In you my friends I see God's image and each of you is also beautiful and there is none like you.
11. Somebody's Praying Me Through - Allen Asbury
The words of this song are self-explanatory. While it may be about soldiers and war it is also about all of us. You have prayed me through the spiritual minefields and battlefields in my life. Thank you and keep praying dear sisters.
12. More Than You'll Ever Know - Watermark
This song was the inspiration for this whole CD. Because you truly mean more to me than you will ever know. I laugh and cry with you. I do feel like I have been near God when I am with you and above all I know that you have been on your knees for me and my family and have fought off my enemies and carried my heavy burdens. You have been my strength and my inspiration and my spiritual warriors - you have spoken the truth over my life even when it was hard to hear.
13. Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion
This is a song about friendship and a song about how friendship and love inspires us to be better and how we are blessed to be loved by each other.
14. Best of Friends - Soundtrack Fox and the Hound
This is from one of my favorite Disney movies and it is a cute song about friendship
15. Home - Deep Blue Something
This is a band many of you have probably never heard of but Serona and I love. This song makes me think about friendship and all the fun and silly moments that we remember and love. And if I lost my memory I might really sit and just have a Guinness and I know that friends feel like home to me.
16. I Hope You Dance - LeeAnn Womack
One of my favorite songs of all time. A good reminder that we always have choices to make and that we can be bold and have fun. Let this be my reminder to you to not take life for granted and sit on the sidelines but be passionate and involved and have fun and always remember to dance.
17. Wish for You - Faith Hill
When I hear this song I think of being on the ocean shore during sunset, on top of a mountain looking over God's creation and all the peaceful places I have been in my life. These are the things I pray your life is filled with.
18. Every Minute - Sara Groves
"I am long on staying. I am slow to leave. Especially when it comes to you my friend. You have taught me to slow down and to prop up my feet. It's the fine art of being who I am...And at the risk of wearing out my welcome. At the risk of self-discovery. I'll take every moment and every minute that you'll give me."
19. Hey God - Lonestar
God has His ways and His plans and while they are sometimes hard to understand I am humbled by what He does for us and in our lives. I want to thank Him for all He has done for me and especially for bringing you to me.

Thank you dear friend.
May God bless you and know that you will always have a friend on her knees for you and your family through the years and all that they bring.

With much love and friendship,
Your sister in Christ,

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:33 AM

    Although I wish I were there by your side to be the help and inpiration in your life with your family, it is comforting to know you have such a great support group that could inspire this wonderful album. I am not as outgoing in my faith as all of these wonderful women, I will say a prayer for all the girls and thank God that you are all there for each other.

    Family Forever

    ReplyDelete