August 19, 2007

Homemade Meme

Blame the Canadians for my recent interest in memes. Andrea and Ron have been just too much fun to pass up - though this one actually requires some work and guts on my part - so I am putting myself out on the line a bit because I think it will be fun to receive something homemade from Andrea and get on her Christmas card list for eternity.

So who else wants to play? Here are the rules.


If you are one of the first three commentors on this post, then you are in. I send you a homemade gift sometime, er, soon (let's say by Christmas - thats my definition of soon - then you can be happy if it comes sooner). When inspiration and time collide for me (usually when I remember). In return, you go to your blog and make the same offer. So, you’ll be making 3 things and receiving one. You don’t have to send anything back to me.

Kim also wrote a handy FAQ. To wit:

What if you don’t have a blog?

Well, if not, I’ll host your request here. But only if you are a really awesome knitter. Haha. Okay, I’ll do it no matter what. If you join the exchange on your blog let us know here!

What if I don’t like my gift?

Too bad. Mom taught us all how to be gracious.

What if I’m not crafty or artistic?

So? Do it anyway. There are millions of things to be made and some part of you needs to get in to the process of creating something with your hands. It is therapeutic and eye opening. Even if it is a paper airplane. You could always do an artist trading card…they can be easy or hard, depending upon your effort.

What about shipping?
Like I said, an artist trading card? That might cost one stamp or less. But if you want to make a bust of the recipient out of pine, go ahead.

What? I have to give someone in cyberspace my address?

Well, yeah. So you should probably only sign up here if you have read or known me for a few months, that way you know I am a fine upstanding citizen who will only plague you with annual Christmas cards after the exchange.

And yeah… once I have your address I WILL send Christmas/Winter/New year’s cards to the end of time.


So there you go - anyone brave enough to make three gifts for three people you don't know in exchange for one from me? If so leave a comment - first three takers. Ready, set, Go!

----------------
Now playing: Loreena McKennitt - Huron 'Beltane' Fire Dance
via FoxyTunes



----------------
Now playing: Norah Jones - The Nearness Of You
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: Enya - Caribbean Blue
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll bite! Now I have to figure out things to make. I crochet, so maybe that's something. Sadly, my knitting is....sad. I need to sit with other women who knit and see what I can pick up!

    But this sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Well...I thought I posted a comment the other day, but it appears to not be there! I will play! I can't believe nobody else has responded. I love homemade crafts and would be happy to get whatever you came up with. I don't have a blog but I will reciprocate through email.

    ReplyDelete