August 24, 2007

When It Rains It Pours

Quite literally lately in Minnesota. We are further north than all the flooding so no worries here though our dried up grass was thankful for the rain or at least all the weeds were. The sun is out again and the kids are looking forward to spending more time outdoors after a time where it felt like it would never stop raining.

It rained so much that Rhiannon actually asked me if we could start school next week! My dirty little secret is that so far I don't homeschool in September or much of May because those are my two favorite months in Minnesota and we just enjoy being outside too much. So I had not purchased curriculum or given the school year much thought. My initial reaction to her request (thankfully only in my head) was 'But I don't want to start then!' Still supposing I should go with momentum I ordered most of our curriculm this week and planned out a rough schedule so I can start when she wanted.

I am not entirely convinced she really wants to start and was not simply reacting out of a combination of boredom and a cool new outfit her grandparents sent her that she asked if it could be her 'official uniform' another thing out of left field. A friend said I must be doing something right to which my honest reply was what 'boring her sufficiently?' Still my kids do enjoy having something to do, a somewhat regular schedule and love learning so who can blame her for wanting to start? As for how formal or how much schooling will actually happen in September is yet to be determined but at least now I will have the books available.

I am recovering from a surprise summer cold that hit me over the head. Today on my nice calm recovery day my dogs got sick all throughout my garage and Rhia and I had to spend a nice part of our morning cleaning up after them - I suppose I should be thankful that it was not in the house! Here is to looking forward to a fun, healthy and relaxing weekend - perhaps the last before school starts? Yikes!

----------------
Now playing: Antonio Vivaldi - The Four Seasons: Concerto No.1 'La Primavera' in E, RV 269: I. Allegro
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: Antonio Vivaldi - The Four Seasons: Concerto No.1 'La Primavera' in E, RV 269: I. Allegro
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment