August 19, 2007

Random Question Meme

Here is a fun one everyone can participate. If you don't have a blog but want to answer anyway go ahead and leave a comment and you can just answer in the comments after I send you your questions.

I found this at Ron's blog. Here are the questions he asked me:


Does your name come from having been in the family? And/or was it local
to where you grew up?


My name does come from within my family - from my mothers side but no it was not local to where I grew up.

Any other Pregnancy foods?

Besides the strange craving for chocolate (which I won't eat at any other time) the only food I recall making Serona go out and get for me was a fresh spinach, tomato and mozzarella salad. And I really wanted it when I wanted it.

If you could spend a week anywhere in the world that you have not been,
where would it be?


Up until this summer I would have said Ireland but now I have been :) Next on my list - Australia.



What is your favorite subject?


To study in school? To research? To talk about? Not sure what you mean so here are a few.

In high school I loved history because I had a teacher who would not let us take notes, taught history as a time line and sat us in grade order. The tie went to the Irish person :)

In college I loved debate and argument - though I guess that is not a subject but what I spent probably 75% of my college career on. I took a great many political science, environmental science and a few philosophy classes I enjoyed.

Favorite subjects to read and research on are current technology (especially as it relates to the web), politics and important parenting and homeschooling issues.

Favorite subjects to discuss are the effects of post modernism on the Christian church, education, politics, and my family.

If you could chose a mentor from the last 500 years to study under, who
would it be?


Well you really limit my choices by capping it at 500 years - I could think of quite a few before then (Jesus, Thomas Aquinas, Aristotle, Cicero). But I guess you wanted to challenge me.

Okay I am going to go with Martin Luther. He was a man of principle who stood up for what he was sure was right within his faith, faced excommunication and changed the face of religion as we know it today. He brought religion to the people and while he lived a volatile life it was a purposeful and meaningful one. I think I could learn the most from him and apply those lessons throughout my life.

Others I considered from this 500 year time frame were Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Ghandi, and Lyndon Johnson. All stood for something and managed their lives in ways I could learn from but none quite come close to Luther and his life and the lessons there. To sit and learn under him would have made me a better person I believe.

Now for your part. Follow the directions and wait for my questions:

The Rules of the Meme:
1. Leave me a comment saying anything random, like [the food you hate most in all the world]. Something random. Whatever you like.
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions (if you don't have a blog you can leave your answers here).
4. You will include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be asked, you will ask them five questions.
----------------
Now playing: Norah Jones - Be My Somebody
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: Loreena McKennitt - Caravanserai
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: Yanni - Felitsa
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: Enya - Storms In Africa
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment