April 18, 2006

Balancing it Out

Spring is a time of readjusting for us. Our family desires to be outside all the time, the end of school is lingering over us and the house is falling apart. Okay so it is not actually falling apart but let's say my stewardship level has fallen. I have to reasses my involvement in each thing I am doing and repriortize to open up more time for being outdoors.

In the winter blogging is very easy for me. I am trapped indoors with three kids and writing is a good outlet. The spring comes and I want to put down the computer and be outside more and more each day. Those days of transition are intersting as I try to rebalance and refocus and figure out how and when to do all that I want to do.

Balance, that is always the trick isn't it? Figuring out how to balance work and family, work and play, responsibility and fun. Balance is so tough and so important. We all need it, we all crave it and so rarely do we find it with any regularity. Balance with my kids, balance with my friends, balance with Serona and balance with my family.

There are so many great things to do, so many good opportunities. So many things I enjoy and I am blessed with talents in. How do you know where to focus and how to prioritize? How on earth am I supposed to teach this if I can't master it myself? Yet we press on and we juggle and we manage a way to hold all the balls up in the air and hope no one throws yet another one in there.

I have always been impressed by juggling. I was never good at the actually activity of juggling, though juggling responsibilities, priorities and people has been a lifestyle for me as I try to keep in balance and keep all those things going at the same time. Praying that my arms never tire and my judgement never falters. But of course it does and all the balls are affected as I decide which to drop to keep the others up in the air.

Well I am rambling now. Hope you have found a balance in your life. Pray I can find some in my own.

Peace,
Tenniel

No comments:

Post a Comment