December 29, 2004

Tsunami Lesson Plan and Resources

I have been getting a lot of requests and search hits for Tsunami Lesson Plan and Tsunami Relief so I thought I would put together some information for everyone. These sites range in ages from the youngest to high school level, I have learned a lot from them as well. I would strongly encourage you to preview any resources before you give it to your child as it may be beyond what you want them to understand. Some of the pictures can be devastating. I have focused more on putting together a lesson plan/unit study approach than on the current situation. Though I feel strongly that donating of our money and time are important now. For more information on that see the below resources or my recent post Tsunami Relief - Please Help


Here are some of the resources I have come up with, please feel free to share any others in the comments section or email me and I will add them.
Peace,
Tenn

GENERAL INFO AND DEFINITIONS

Overview and definition

PBS Tsunami Web Special

Tsunami FAQ

Killer Waves National Geographic

Tsunami Textbook preK-2

Tsunami Text 2-4

Tsunami Text 5-8

Guide to Survivng A Tsunami

CURRENT ASIA TSUNAMI INFO

Most Recent News on Recent Tsunami

Current Totals by Country

DONATE, VOLUNTEER, HELP

Donate Today!

How To help - most recent

Homeschoolers Helping Victims

SCIENCE
Tsunami Experiment

Scientists who work with Tsunamis's and Warning Systems


WORKSHEETS AND PRINTABLE ACTIVITIES
PBS follow-up questions

Homemade Book

Word Search

Tommy Tsunami and Earthquake Coloring Book

Simple Worksheet

GAMES AND INTERACTIVE TOOLS

Tsunami Game

Tsunami Online Book for Kids







1 comment:

  1. I'm a children's book author who has a new book, Tsunami! (illustrated by Caldecott Medalist, Ed Young) that was just released this month. I have posted many web links and lesson plans for teachers on my web site. I was hoping that you would consider linking to this at your website. Here's the link:
    http://www.author4kids.com/lp_tsunami.html
    Thank you!
    Kimiko Kajikawa
    www.author4kids.com

    ReplyDelete