April 2, 2004

Sharing Skills

Yesterday several moms from our homeschool support group came over with their kids for a playdate. During the time the kids were outside we were able to talk about some computer skills. I plan to offer a computer skills hands on workshop sometime in May and some of the moms wanted to get a jump start on some things.

We were surrounded by kids yesterday so we were unable to really concentrate. However, I helped each of them set up a blog of their own to keep track of their homeschooling and whatever else they want. In addition we talked about the benefits of Mozilla. I showed them how to download it to their computer and some of the basics of using it. We focused mostly on the tab function and saving bookmarks of several tabs. We talked about how to use this in homeschooling. I also showed them how with Mozilla you have an automatic Google search built right into your address bar.

There was so much more I wanted to share, but it will need to wait until we don't have kids running at our feet. It was nice to be able to share what I could. This group of women has given me so much already - I am glad to be able to help them in some small way. That is one of the benefits of a support group - everyone has different skills that they are able to share and offer and that makes the group so much stronger.

Peace,
Tenn

No comments:

Post a Comment