March 17, 2005

Happy St Patrick's Day

Top of the morning to you. Can you tell we are Irish here? Three sick kids and a travelling husband have changed our plans for the day but we are still focusing on our heritage. We have been doing most of our school activities around this theme for the week and will enjoy the day today making shamrock cookies, watching parades (indoors this year), listening to Irish music and eating a traditional irish dinenr (no it can't be cornbeef and cabbage as we are vegetarian), coloring pictures and reading books. I will wind the day down with a good Guinness stout. Just for your information I do not drink green beer and I actually drink Guinness year round as my beer of choice.

When Serona married me he used to joke that he was marrying a good irish woman. I could drink him under the table and burn water. Well my cooking has gotten better and my tolerance much lower. But I am still Irish at heart and heritage. I hope to pass on the love of Ireland and all things Irish to my children and even share some of our Irish "traditions" that my family seem to create just to be together.

Hope you have a great day.

Slainte,
Tenn

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:47 AM

    I'm all Italian, but all of my girls are 25% Irish and for all the joking I do( orange shirts, jokes..)I agree that the Irish culture is very interesting and Ireland is beautiful. I'd love to visit some day, for now, it's via the internet.

    ReplyDelete