June 1, 2005

Enjoying the Outdoors

We have been spending nearly every possible minute outside and loving it! WE have done so many interesting things over the past few days but I have had little time or energy left to blog about them.

We have visited a historic farm and helped with farm chores, taken several nature hikes, found the first toad of the season, paddled a boat around a lake, launched rockets, visited the arboretum, various playgrounds, played family soccer games in our backyard, had birthday cake, evenings with friends, learned Star Wars Role Playing game as a family and many other fun things!

These few last days of May and early days of June are among the most precious to me in the whole year as the weather is beautiful typically 70's with blue skies and breezes. Very few mosquitoes are out yet and the humidity is in check. These early summer days and early fall days are my two favorite times of the year. I find all I want to do is spend the time with my famly outside.

I recently celebrated a birthday and when my kids asked if I was going to have my friends over for a party I said yes - I will have my four best friends with me. My kids starting listing my friends trying to guess who were my four best when it dawned on Ciaran - you mean us! I said yes I do. This weekend just reinforced for me that my family are the people closest to me and I am so thankful for them.

Peace,
Tenn

2 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday, Tenn! Sending you virtual cake and homemade cards ~*~*~*~*~

    Dy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this and thought of you. http://www.storewars.org/flash/

    ReplyDelete