June 10, 2005

Nerds Make Better Lovers

According to Elle magazine: "Ready for a real relationship? Ditch the pretty boys and grab yourself a geek."

The article goes on to say

'A nerd is an excellent provider and a guy who puts you first,' says E. Jean Carroll, Elle magazine's love and sex advice columnist. 'He'll turn out to be a great father and a great husband.'

And, she insists that a woman who is willing to stick it out with a nerd and get past his quirks will be handsomely rewarded. 'Don't give up on him too fast,' she said. 'If you stick with him, he's going to turn out to be really great.' "


Okay I have some experience here. Serona definately qualifies under some categories as a geek. He would wear this label with pride for some areas of his life. Just last night I came home and found him on the computer and asked what he was doing to which he responded "geeking out" he was reading scienceblog.com, articles on time travel, space exploration and time. The other day he asked me if I ever just think about the relationship between space and time and then proceeded to have a conversation about it. Our home library is filled with philosophy and science fiction/fantasy books. He is a HUGE star wars fan and a computer programmer. Of course I am very blessed because I not only snagged a geek, but a cool and good looking one too!

What the columnist said is true. Serona is an amazing provider, husband and father. He puts me and the kids first and is really an all around great guy. Should I start a club "Proud to be married to a geek?"

Still looking for your mate and interested in a "geek" you could check out Geek2Geek.

Peace,
Tenn

2 comments:

  1. Totally true. And geeks are smart - I knew from a very young age that I had to marry someone a lot smarter than I was. Am - whatever. :)
    I read someone else's blog recently about the down side of dating geeks. When he's "geeking out" prepare to take a back seat. :D

    I know if Ron is really involved in programming something, an explosion wouldn't move him from the computer. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my own, hot geek, too!

    Enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete