June 13, 2005

I've seen better days

The kids woke up arguing and went to bed that way and spent most of the day in between the same. They must have cotton stuck in their ears for much of what I said fell on deaf ears - especially when those ears belonged to Ciaran. At first I thought it was just me but when their swimming instructor also seemed unable to communicate effectively then I just knew something was wrong with their hearing.

Rhiannon must have special cotton in her ears that leads her to hear the opposite of what I say. I said go she heard stay, I said stop she heard go. It was particularly interesting when I said pizza and she heard cereal for dinner. Her day was filled with moments like this. I am hopeful that a good night's sleep will restore their good hearing which will of course return us to our regularly scheduled behavior in place of this "special" programming we experienced today.

Peace,
Tenn

No comments:

Post a Comment