June 6, 2005

First Camping Trip

This weekend we went camping for the first time this season. We went with three other families from our homeschool support group. The kids had built in playmates and the parents got snippets of time in front of the campfire when the kids were otherwise occupied or sleeping.

Smores, rain, hikes, playground, campfires, exploring the woods, toads, collecting pieces of nature, hammocks and imaginary games. This was the fare of the weekend. I finished knitting a hat for Serona and made some progress on a poncho I am making as a gift.

Camping is one of those things I love to do. Even with the stress of packing and lugging and setting up so much for such a short time I find it relaxing. I didn't keep track of time and just enjoyed the slow pace of the days. Sitting around the campfire at night is one of my favorite things to do. Even after everyone else retired for the night I stayed up for awhile and enjoyed the moment.

Hopefully there will be many more camping trips this summer.

Peace,
Tenn

No comments:

Post a Comment