March 31, 2004

Book Exchange

A coffeshop in our area has a great setup going. They have several bookshelves for a free "book exchange" for their customers. Today I brought in 5 children's books and left with four new children's books and a parenting book. I found some real gems too "My B Book" by Jane Belk Moncure, " "My First Book" by Jane Belk Moncure, "Just Playing" by Mercer Mayer (kind of twaddle but Ciaran really loves these) and a Pony Pals book (I had been wanting to start a horse series with Rhiannon) and then I found "Playful Parenting" by Lawrence Cohen (a book I have almost bought 3 times but decided I shouldn't spend the money on it). They also had a copy of "Birthday for Frances" one of my favorite children's books but we already have it.

I love the concept of this and am sure we will regularly bring books and hopefully find some we are interested in reading. The coffeeshop also had a great overall setup - couches, rocking chairs and wireless internet access! I think I see spending more time there in my future.

Peace,
Tenn

No comments:

Post a Comment