September 13, 2003

For the love of reading... Now as many of you know I am a big proponent of reading to your children and the value of reading in general. These past few weeks have really helped me realize just how much we all read in our family, it is a passion for all of us. Today was actually one of those days where I wonder to myself if it is possible to read to your children TOO much. Of course I realistically do not believe that to be possible - but today's reading list makes me question it sometimes. Now granted all of the books were different lengths and a few were short but several were long for a children's storybook. Here is our reading list for Saturday September 13, 2003:

ABC by Dr Suess
Anansi and the Moss Covered Rock by Eric A. Kimmel
Aslan adapted from CS Lewis Chronicles of Narnia
Butterfly Kisses by Bob and Brooke Carlisle
Corduroy by Don Freeman (translation Spanish)
Curious George's Dream by HA Rey
The Grouchy LadyBug by Eric Carle
Hop on Pop by Dr Suess
I Am Not Going To Get Up Today by Dr Suess
If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff
Jamberry by Bruce Degen
Jesse Bear What Will You Wear by Nancy White Carlstrom
Marvin K Mooney Will You Please Go Now by Dr Suess
Playing Poohsticks by AA Milne
Polar Bear, Polar Bear What Do You Hear? by Bill Marin Jr
Praise You God by tyndale house
Touch and Feel Baby Animals by Dk Publishing

We also listened to Little House on the Prairie on cassete (a few chapters) and grandma read them a few books this morning. We skipped our usual chapter from Chronicles of Narnia (we are now on the Silver Chair) as I was a bit read out tonight as you can guess why as it was I who read them all those books listed (most over the last two hours)!

Anyway I thought you might be interested.

Peace,
Tenn

No comments:

Post a Comment