September 17, 2003

What about socialization... I found a great quote in Lisa Whelchel's book about this to. In response to that inevitable question I like Mary Beth Nelson's response. "We did tend to oversocialize when we first started homeschooling, but I think we have it under control now." This homeschooler who quoted Nelson goes on to say:

We spend so much time on the go between co-op classes, play rehearsals, volleyball practice, and other activities that I'm tempted to call what we do "minivan-schooling." The only problem with socialization is staying home enough to get the schooling done."


We are just starting out and I already feel that way. Our problem is not finding opportunities for our children but paring down to the best options and having to say no to other good options so that we have time at home.

Peace,
Tenn

No comments:

Post a Comment