September 27, 2003

Special Moments... Saturday mornings are my special time with my middle child, our son. His big sister has her Irish Step Dancing Class with daddy and his little sister usually naps so we have some us time. I really enjoy it. Today I let him pick what we would do. The first thing he wanted to do was cuddle up in my bed with his sister and me and read books. His selections from today:

Little Bear Treasury by Maurice Sendak
Sylvester and the Magic Pebble by William Steig
Dr Suess ABC by Dr. Suess
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.
Mother Goose by My First Treasury

We had a great time laying together and reading. He practiced his ABC's and reciting his favorite nursery rhymes and just enjoying the stories. He told me about what Little Bear and Emily were doing and turned his Sylvester toy into a rock and back again.

When we finished reading he asked to nurse, making sure I knew it was "portant" to him. We had some special nursing time and just cuddled and hugged, then he told me "Mommy, I love you" and kissed his baby sisters sleeping head. Then we got up and had a snack, a real fruit leather that for some reason my kids call a "date" and then he asked to play a game. I let him pick it.

He picked out Pretty Pretty Princess, a jewelry game of his big sisters. He wanted to do it by himself (he told me not to play) and he put all the jewelry on and as I type this he is wearing a plastic necklace and earring. We are having a grand time and now he would like me to play with him again so I am off.

Have a great weekend.
Peace,
Tenn

No comments:

Post a Comment