September 17, 2003

On the importance of reading... I have been reading Lisa Whelchel's book So You're Thinking About Homeschooling I am enjoying the book it is a quick read and offers a variety of pictures of homeschooling.

I was struck by a great quote in the book where one of the families (a father who is homeschooling his kids) quoted Thomas Carlyle, a British historian. This is a quote to put on the door of the home library I one day dream of having:

"What we become depends on what we read after all the professors have finished with us. The greatest university of all is the collection of books."


I love books and my whole family seems to love books. Our neighbors were clearing out their basement and gave us a bag full of old children's books today (their kids are in their 40's now) and it was a treat! I am headed to the library tonight for my homeschool meeting and will surely pick up more.

Read on fellow friends, read on.

Peace,
Tenn

No comments:

Post a Comment