February 3, 2004

Diversity of homeschoolers... This is a nice article about homeschoolers. I must admit the first sentence caught my attention:

"Meet the new faces of home schooling. Venus Taylor put aside plans to use her master's degree in risk and prevention from Harvard University's School of Education to teach her two children at home."

Many of you may know that I too have decided to put my Masters degree in Communications and Argumentation to use by teaching my three kids at home. It is a decision I know I will never regret and the best use of my education I can think of. Though I have received criticism for my decision to stay home and often get treated in a condescending way by people when they realize "I just stay home" - I am proud of the work I do. I am thankful for the opportunity and the blessing to stay with and educate my children all day long. There is no greater gift or greater job for me.

The rest of the article is worth the click.

Peace,
Tenn

Tip of the hat to HomeschoolBuzz for the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment